Whatsapp 99 11 13 72 77
Call us 0124-4810777
A root canal treatment is done to remove the dental decay that has spread to the tooth’s roots. This process involves removing the decay and infection from the deeper parts of the root, like pulp and roots. This is often done with the help of various dental tools and medicines to clear the infection. After the tooth decay is cleaned, it is reconstructed with the help of permanent filling. An artificial tooth kwon as a crown is placed on top of this reconstructed tooth. The crown increases the strength of the tooth.
If you have a decayed tooth or broken tooth which needs reconstruction, you will be advised to undergo root canal treatment. If you are about to undergo root canal infections and have many questions about it, this guide will help you solve most of your queries and go for the treatment with full confidence and faith.
Steps For Root Canal Treatment
Firstly, to ascertain the need for a root canal, your dentist takes an x-ray of the tooth. This is done at the dentist clinic itself. However, if you have had any trauma or broken tooth where two or more teeth are impacted and need treatment, you will be advised to do an x-ray of the entire mouth. It is done at X-ray centres.
What Your Dentist Will Do On Your First Visit?
- The dentist will administer anaesthesia injection in the oral cavity, near the tooth.
- After the numbing sensation has set in, the procedure is started.
- A small hole is made on the top enamel portion of the tooth. This is done with the help of a specialized machine. If you already have a cavity, the dentist will work through it.
- Your doctor will continue cleaning the infection with the help of very small and specialised tools all the way to the roots of the tooth.
- Dentists may also inject medications inside the roots to ensure no infection is left.
- Once all the infected pulp and other root portions are removed, the tooth is clean and free from infection.
- Once canals are cleaned and dry, the dentist will fill canals with a biocompatible material called gutta-percha. It is placed inside canals and heated to seal. He will also place adhesive cement to seal the canals adequately. Properly sealed canals will prevent any future infections.
- All of these procedures can be done in a single appointment itself.
What You Will Experience On Your Next Appointment?
- The temporary filling is removed, and a permanent filling is put over the treated tooth. This makes your tooth as strong as it was before the infection. This restoration also prevents any future infection.
- After this, generally, the crown is put over the tooth. Though this is optional, keeping the tooth strong and healthy is generally in the best interest. There are various options available for tooth crowns like metal, ceramic, zirconia, etc., and each has its advantages and disadvantages.
Your dentist will be able to guide you on which suits you best.
Despite all the myths, fears, and misconceptions, a root canal is the best treatment that will restore your natural tooth with strength and health. Now you can go ahead and book your root canal appointment with no fear.
Dr. Alka Yadav
Dr Alka brings with her many years of rich experience in the field of dentistry. The idea of starting Thyme Dental was to provide world class treatment to her patients at an affordable price. Since the time of graduating from BRS Dental College, Panchkula in 2005, she has been an active clinician having worked with corporate setups, government hospital and super specialty hospitals..Read More
Why Choose Thyme Dental Clinic
Conveniently located in Mega Mall, DLF Phase I, Golf Course Road, Gurgaon, we offer world class dental treatment in an aesthetically designed modern dental clinic, where PATIENT CARE and QUALITY are given utmost importance. We take pride in letting our patients know that their safety is of utmost importance to us, and thus, we follow strict aseptic and barrier techniques.Read More
Latest blog articles
- Visit the Dental Clinic in Golf course road, Gurgaon, to treat all dental problems. Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- Invisible and Ceramic Braces in Gurgaon Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- Need a Root Canal Here’s a Step-by-Step Guide on What to Expect Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- Smile Makeover Treatment- Nine Tips To Maintain Best Results Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- Soft, medium, or hard-bristle toothbrushes. Which is best for your dental care? Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- A Root Canal Treatment Will Improve Your Health Not Harm It Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?