Book Free consultation
At Thyme Dental, we strive to ensure that your child receives outstanding oral care in a fun, relaxed and professional environment.
As soon as your child’s first tooth appears, it’s time to schedule a dental visit. The IDA recommends that the first dental visit take place within six months after the first tooth appears, but no later than a child’s first birthday. It is easier for a child to develop a positive association with the dental office if they are introduced to it earlier than usual.
At checkups, we enjoy teaching children proper brushing techniques to use at home so that they will have a healthy foundation of oral health. Establishing good oral care habits early will give your child the best possible chances of keeping his or her teeth for life.
To make the visit positive:
- Consider making a morning appointment when children tend to be rested and cooperative.
- Keep any anxiety or concerns you have to yourself. Children can pick up on your emotions, so emphasize the positive.
- Never use a dental visit as a punishment or threat.
- Never bribe your child.
- Talk with your child about visiting the dentist.
During this visit, you can expect us to:
- Inspect for oral injuries, cavities or other problems.
- Let you know if your child is at risk of developing tooth decay.
- Discuss your child’s dietary habits, and any modifications if needed, to minimise the risk of getting cavities in future.
- Clean your child’s teeth and provide tips for maintaining good oral hygiene.
- Discuss teething, pacifier use, or finger/thumb sucking habits.
- Discuss treatment, if needed, and schedule the next check-up.
Importance of Milk Teeth:
- Help children bite and chew their food properly.
- They help to maintain space for the permanent teeth, thus, acting as natural space maintainers.
- Allow good pronunciation and speechpli>
- Help children look good, feel good and smile more.
Services offered at our clinic for children and adolescents:
- Comprehensive dental check up
- Teeth cleaning
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Space maintainers (to save space for permanent teeth)
- Interceptive Orthodontics (Myo functional appliances)
- Habit breaking appliances
FLUORIDE TREATMENT - Fluoride when applied on teeth, help fight them better against cavities. It also reverses early decay and remineralises the tooth surface. Topical Fluroide treatment includes application of flouride on your childs teeth for few minutes, thus making them caries free. It can be done for milk teeth and permanent teeth
SEALANTS - The chewing surface of permanent molars is very prone to decay due to certain depressions called pits and fissures. Dental sealants are coatings placed on these pits and fissures of eating surface to make brushing more effective against tooth decay
- Begin cleaning your baby’s mouth during the first few days after birth by wiping the gums with a clean, moist gauze pad or washcloth. As soon as teeth appear, decay can occur. A baby’s front four teeth usually push through the gums at about 6 months of age, although some children don’t have their first tooth until 12 or 14 months.
- For children younger than 3 years, caregivers should begin brushing children’s teeth as soon as they erupt by using non-fluoride toothpaste. Brush teeth thoroughly twice per day (morning and night) or as directed by a dentist or physician.
- For children 3 to 6 years of age, use a pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste. Brush teeth thoroughly twice per day (morning and night) or as directed by a dentist or physician. Supervise children’s brushing and remind them not to swallow the toothpaste.
- Eat a well balanced diet which includes more of fruits and vegetables and limit the intake of sticky food itmes, junk food, and aerated drinks
- Do take your little one to a dentist every 6 months
“Dr. Alka is a magician of a doctor, but without any of the illusionary effects. She takes great pains, while alleviating yours, to put your mind to ease, whatever may be the problem. You can expect sound advice, careful consultation and above all expectation-surpassing service. Whatever may be your oral situation, I'd recommend Thyme Dental any day of the week.”
“Dr. Alka is expert dentist. One should definitely visit Thyme Dental as all dental problems are handled with care. Patient safely is their priority.”
“Best dental clinic in Gurgaon. Treatment was quick and painless. Very impressive results.”
“Dr. Alka is the best dentist I’ve ever come across and I’ve been to many. I had a very persistent gum bleeding problem and she took care of it right away.”
“Dr.Alka is not just excellent at her core job; she also advises right! A fab change from a world of medical scams where patients are taken for a ride. Age bias may play on your mind when you meet her; but you will be glad that you chose Thyme Dental for your “teething” pains.. Dr Alka, this review is just to say thanks for helping me get over the unbearable pain in my wisdom tooth and mouth infection!”