Smile makeover is the process of improving one’s smile through one or more cosmetic dentistry procedures. Smile improvement can have a significant impact on your overall appearance; even little changes can boost your confidence, self-esteem, and encourage you to smile more.
We at Thyme Dental, help you create that perfect smile for you with modern advances in dentistry, cosmetic procedures can range from a basic color correction to replacing missing teeth, and everything in between. This includes:-
1) Teeth Whitening: Get a whiter and brighter smile in an hour session
What to expect during Teeth Whitening
First of all, the dentist will click a picture of your teeth which will help to know the original color of your teeth. Then, will start the cleaning and polishing and remove all the stains on the outer and inner surfaces of the teeth surface, as the whitening material will act only on clean teeth. Once the polishing is completed, the gum barrier is placed. The gum barrier protects your gum from the whitening agent. Post this, begins the application of whitening material on teeth. Heat or light or both can be used to speed up and intensify the whitening effect of professional treatment. It usually takes around an hour for a whitening treatment. There are few post-whitening dietary restrictions and instructions to be followed for 1st 24 hours.
2) Tooth jewellery(crystals): Tooth jewellery can add an instant spark to your smile !!! Unlike a tattoo or body piercing, tooth jewellery can be easily removed or changed by a dentist and your tooth will not be damaged. The process is completely painless, and there is no damage to the tooth.
The tooth jewellery is harmless to the lips, cheeks, and gums.
3) Braces Treatment: Braces are used to align or straighten teeth and guide them to the corrected position. They are made up of wires, brackets, and bands. Braces aid to correct irregular tooth positioning, jaw correction, improvement in chewing and smile aesthetics. Before your orthodontist puts your braces on, your teeth should be clean. The braces will be placed on your teeth using a special adhesive to hold them in place throughout your treatment.
4) Replacement of missing teeth: Tooth loss is an important aspect of oral health because it impairs esthetics, chewing function, and consequently the quality of life. Tooth loss is mostly caused by decay and gum disease. Tooth loss can also result from trauma, treatment failure, malignancies, agenesis and can present adverse consequences on the remaining dentition on the patient’s general well-being. Thus, the replacement of missing teeth is very important. This is done by bridges, implants, or dentures.
a. Dental implants: Dental implants are the best replacement option for missing teeth. They can be placed to replace a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth
b. Dental bridge: Dental bridge is another good option to replace missing teeth. In a bridge, your existing teeth are used as support for replacing missing teeth.
c. Dentures: Until a few decades back, full mouth dentures were a good option for giving someone new teeth. With the last advancements in dentistry, patients prefer to go for fixed replacement options as compared to removable ones. Thus, complete and partial dentures mostly serve as a temporary replacement option, till the fixed permanent teeth can be given
5) Spacing between teeth is managed by:
a.) Composite laminates: Composite laminates are quick and chair-side procedures. By using composite filling materials, one can easily get the spaces closed between teeth. Composite laminates are done in the clinic, thus one gets to see instant results. We, at Thyme Dental, use the best composite materials that give you a beautiful smile in a single session
b.) Ceramic veneers: Ceramic veneers are tooth-colored shells that are fixed to the surface of teeth to improve their appearance. By using ceramic veneers, you can expect to close the spaces between your teeth with lab fabricated ceramic shells. They are more long-lasting than composite laminates.
6) Ceramic crown: Ceramic crowns are caps placed on teeth to correct deformities in teeth. Crown is used to protect, cover, and restore the shape of your teeth when filling alone doesn’t solve the problem. Once fixed, they usually don’t require any regular maintenance, except proper oral hygiene. We, at Thyme Dental, use the best dental lab and dental material to ensure the best possible smile correction of our patients.
7) Discolored teeth: If your teeth are covered by layers of plaque and tartar, you might benefit from teeth cleaning procedure, also referred to as Oral Prophylaxis. The cleaning and polishing will remove all the stains and tartar on the teeth’ surface. Cleaning and polishing restores the natural color of your teeth and improves the overall health of your teeth and gums
8)Inadequate Fullness of Peri-Oral Soft Tissues: In certain cases, the teeth are found to be in good shape and alignment, yet the patient is unhappy about the smile. This could be caused by the inadequate fullness of lips or cheeks. Such cases are easily managed by using BOTOX and DERMAL FILLERS.
9) Gummy Smile: Correction is done using minor procedures which can dramatically improve the appearance
Dr. Alka Yadav
Dr Alka brings with her many years of rich experience in the field of dentistry. The idea of starting Thyme Dental was to provide world class treatment to her patients at an affordable price. Since the time of graduating from BRS Dental College, Panchkula in 2005, she has been an active clinician having worked with corporate setups, government hospital and super specialty hospitals..Read More
Why Choose Thyme Dental Clinic
Conveniently located in Mega Mall, DLF Phase I, Golf Course Road, Gurgaon, we offer world class dental treatment in an aesthetically designed modern dental clinic, where PATIENT CARE and QUALITY are given utmost importance. We take pride in letting our patients know that their safety is of utmost importance to us, and thus, we follow strict aseptic and barrier techniques.Read More
Latest blog articles
- Soft, medium, or hard-bristle toothbrushes. Which is best for your dental care? Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- Smile Makeover Treatment- Nine Tips To Maintain Best Results Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- Foods to include in your diet plan for strong and healthy teeth Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?
- Is a sweet tooth good or bad? Are you having trouble finding an appropriate theme for your website?